We are looking for a dynamic and committed freelance social media manager to help us raise the profile and develop engaging digital content for Make Music Day UK. The focus of this role is to promote Make Music Day to musicians and audiences throughout the UK finding ways through social media (Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter) to increase engagement with our event online and in person.
We require someone with experience of working across a variety of social media platforms with the ability to create compelling written, photo and video content. It is a role that will allow you to showcase your creativity and make a significant impact on an event with a growing national and international profile.
About Make Music Day
Make Music Day is a global DIY grassroots celebration of music on 21 June. In France where it started in 1982, Make Music Day (called Fête de la Musique) is practically a national holiday and two thirds of the population engage with it (2017 survey). It is now a global phenomenon that takes place in 130 countries on the summer solstice, 21 June every year. It is still relatively new in the UK but growing rapidly. In 2021 our event featured 30,000 performers taking part in 3,000 events nationwide.
Make Music Day has just two rules: performances need to take place (or have their first broadcast for digital projects) on 21 June, and initiatives must be free to the public. All other decisions about where to perform and what to perform are down to the performers themselves. You can discover more about Make Music Day at www.makemusicday.co.uk
- Devise and create content that will help Make Music Day develop strong relationships with our performers and audiences
- Content planning and scheduling daily and weekly posts
- Manage MMDUK’s day-to-day social media, scheduling posts and maximising engagement
- Work with the Co-directors to develop an effective social media strategy
Manage digital advertising
- Identify ways we can maximise collaborations and promotions with our network of partners
- Ensure measures are in place to accurately evaluate engagement
- Knowledge and experience managing content across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Land YouTube
- Experience of creating a range of content for online use, including video
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong copywriting and proofreading skills
- Willingness to work flexibly through the year with recognised peaks and troughs of activity
Fee: £5,000 per annum (30 days). Given the nature of the event commitment will be greater between May and July than for the remaining months of the year.
Location: Remote working
Responsible to: Make Music Day UK co-directors
How to Apply
To apply send a CV and cover letter outlining you experience and interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is 5pm on 29th April.