Make Music Day UK are dusting off their laptops and microphones, powering-up their broadband and donning their digital producer caps once again to create an official livestream broadcast for 21 June 2021… and we need YOU!
What are you looking for?
For the 2021 Official Broadcast we are calling on Make Music Day event organisers from across the UK to pitch for a section of the livestream. We want you to come up with creative ideas for a 15 or 30 minute section, put your music-making and digital skills into action and get producing your own online show for Make Music Day 2021.
We are looking for a range of ideas to fill these slots to create a total of 5 – 6 pieces of livestreamed content throughout the day. You could pitch to do:
- a livestreamed performance (just like Emma McGann did last year)
- a magazine-style show of different pre-recorded music videos (Beyond Skin produced this stormer for the 2020 broadcast)
- a curated series of performances with some interviews mixed in (the team in Scotland did this to mark Glasgow’s status as a UNESCO City of Music)
- a premiere of a project or a release of new music (Amateo launched their Rebels with a Cause film this way)
- a workshop style show (remember how Global Song Circle taught us Thina Singumlilo Ovuthayo in 2020?)
…and anything else involving music that you can think of!
What support is available?
You’ll get support from our digital producers to bring your ideas to life by:
- Helping you to structure your section into an entertaining and engaging broadcast
- Providing production assistance to help you whip together any pre-recorded content and assets for the broadcast
- Doing the behind-the-scenes technical work to run the livestream and sending it to Make Music Day UK’s and your own social media platforms
How do I apply?
Simples. Fill in this Google Form with your idea by 12pm on 17 May 2021. We will be in touch by 21 May 2021 to let you know if your idea has been selected. Selection will be based on a number of factors, including:
- Quality of the creative vision behind the idea
- Feasibility of the idea in the production time frame
- How the idea relates to the spirit of Make Music Day
Selection will also take into consideration the overall diversity of the livestream in terms of music, people and geographies involved.
Any questions before you submit your application? Just email our Digital Producers Leon (email@example.com) and Hayley (firstname.lastname@example.org), and one of them will get back to you.
Great, I’ve been selected – what happens next?
One of our digital producers will be emailing you and setting-up your first pre-production meeting to fine tune your idea… and then we will work together to make it happen for the 21 June 2021!
And don’t worry… if your idea isn’t selected, you can still produce your own live stream independently. Be sure to list your event on the Make Music Day UK website. There are resources on the Make Music Day UK website to help you do this and we are running two workshops in May to upskill people. You can sign-up for ‘streaming basics’ here and ‘streaming intermediate’ here.