In Our Reflections Make Music Day 2021
Severn Arts has created a unique opportunity for all young people to be part of a brand-new performance which will be premiered online on Make Music Day on Monday 21 June 2021.
We have commissioned a special piece called ‘In Our Reflections’ that combines a wonderful score written by David Cowell and a spoken word poem by our Young Poet Laureate, and are inviting young people across Worcestershire to be involved in the performance of the piece. Instrumental and vocal parts which can be performed by all abilities are included across the piece.
Who can take part?
- All children, young people and students either living in Worcestershire or at school in Worcestershire are invited to take part in the performance of In Our Reflections.
- All Worcestershire schools. We are particularly keen to involve school choirs/mixed voices.
How do we take part?
- Practice the part you have chosen to perform with the backing track provided – choose from the vocal and instrumental parts and backing tracks on the Severn Arts website
- Please note: instrumental and vocal parts which can be performed by all abilities are included in part 3 of the piece. Vocal parts are in parts 1 and 3.
- Video your performance following our how to record your video guidance which you can download below.
- Send your video to Severn Arts by Monday 24 May 2021. Instructions for uploading your video are in the how to record your video guidance.
What will you do with my video?
By sending us your video you are agreeing to Severn Arts sharing your video/photograph on Severn Arts YouTube channel, website and social media.
The video’s we receive will be stitched together into one performance of In Our Reflections and premiered on Severn Arts YouTube channel, website and social media channels on Monday 21 June 2021.
We will also be sharing school choir and group instrumental performances on Make Music Day. If your school has a performance which you would like us to include please send videos (no longer than 3 minutes) to email@example.com before 11 June 2021.