We will be bringing together several local schools from Wiveliscombe and the surrounding area to sing and play tunes in St Andrews Church in Wiveliscombe, Somerset. This will take place between 1pm and 5pm, and will be supported by members of the Wiveliscombe Community Wind Band with music continuing after the school groups need to leave for transport.
Further details will be added as they become available.
Given the wealth of musical talent in Wiveliscombe and surrounding areas, one day is just not enough to give everyone a chance to perform, so we’re extending the concept of Make Music Day into Saturday 22nd June, with the “Wivey Make Music Day Extra” event which will include:
- Instrument try-outs in the Wiveliscombe Town Square at 10.30 run by High Park Community Music Project … anyone who gets on well with this will have an opportunity to take their chosen instrument to play in the procession (we have a simple tune that anyone can learn really easily!)
- A procession from Cotleigh Brewery, lead by the horse-drawn dray, will start at midday with a stop at Pulsford Lodge to entertain the residents before proceeding on to Jubilee Gardens where we will have a bar with Cotleigh and Exmoor Ales and performance area
- Through the afternoon there will be a number of singing groups to be completed at 4pm with a “Big Sing” – encouraging everyone to get involved and join in some fun current popular songs.
The fun will continue in the evening at Cotleigh Brewery events hall with 3 fantastic acts for you to sing and dance along to…
- The Lodgers – A fab local band with a unique variety of tunes from Eastern European touch, classic sing along to our own original stunning songs that touch all.
- The Rusty Buckets Reunion (for one night only!!) – Dance your socks off with a ceilidh band which is being resurrected having been dormant for several years following a successful 20+years playing all sorts of events in Devon and Somerset. Your dances will be called by stilt-walking Ferdy Smith!!
- The Soft Lads – “The Soft Lads are a Somerset-based party band. We will rock you with our mix of classic and current rock, blues, pop and reggae floor fillers. If you want your party to go with a swing, then give us a ring”
What better than a music and beer festival in a day?!
St Andrew\'s Church, Church Street, Wiveliscombe, Taunton TA4 2LR, UK
Please note: Events are not organised by the Make Music Day UK team unless stated otherwise.
We are not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided, please check with the event organisers to confirm details if necessary.