Wind and brass players needed!
New Orleans Second Line bands will parade through the streets of London on the way to the Make Music Day flagship event at The Scoop, London Bridge. If you’d like to join the party, come and take part in the culmination of the parade with a massed performance of the Make Music Day anthem – Bring me Sunshine led by Andy Grappy. This will be followed by a jam session at Potters Field Park which you can either participate in (further details to follow) or just watch and enjoy.
- Date/time – 21 June. Arrive by 7.00pm; the performance is expected to start at around 7.30pm.
- Location – The Scoop
- Instruments needed – any brass or woodwind
- Music – you can download sheet music here. Feel free to learn any part and join in when you can. This is intended to be a joyous celebration of music and the summer; polished performances are not necessary!
- What you need to bring – bring your instrument and a copy of the music and music stand (and pegs!) unless you’ve memorised your part (recommended).
- Sign-up here to register and be kept in the loop about the event.